Customer Success Manager
SchoolStatus is a fast-growing software company dedicated to changing education forever by providing awesome tools for K-12 teachers and administrators. Our revolutionary software combines rich data analytics and easy-to-use parental engagement tools so teachers and parents can be more effective.
We recently acquired Operoo who we are thrilled to say are now part of the SchoolStatus family. Operoo enables thousands of schools, clubs, and associations around the world to automate, manage, and track operational tasks from a single cloud-based platform.
As one united company, our ambition is to be the global leader in the education sector. Our aim is to provide our customers with access to a unified solution that can increase parent engagement, teacher satisfaction, and student outcomes.
We have a culture based around freedom and responsibility. We believe that as we grow, we should provide our employees with increased responsibility and freedom in their jobs. We aren’t hung up on titles or inane conference calls. We recruit and retain best-in-class talent and regularly judge all staff by the following premise: “would we enthusiastically rehire this person?”.
We’re an incredibly dedicated group of individuals who know our relevant areas of expertise very well, but we also know when we need help. We believe in the power of a group of highly motivated, intelligent, and responsible people surrounding themselves with the same and seeing what happens next.
We started out as a napkin idea that has blossomed into a multi-million dollar enterprise by providing amazingly useful products to our customers and we want you to be a part of that.
Throughout your career, you’ve been a “go getter” your managers and peers depend on to get the job done.
You enjoy meeting new people and building relationships with schools, not afraid to pick up the phone or talk to a stranger at a trade show.
You are a self-starter who wants to join a company on a rocketship trajectory so you can unleash your natural ability to work with administrators and teachers to change education forever.
You obsess over details and take pride in doing an excellent job, no matter how big or small the task.
You work independently (meaning you don’t require constant instruction) but also know when to ask your teammates for help.
You’re a team player who shows up on time, doesn’t complain and has a positive can-do attitude.
You have a willingness to not give up, and strive to ensure your customers’ expectations are not only met, but exceeded.
You enjoy using and learning about new technologies whether education-based or beyond.
You embrace the challenge of doing something you’ve probably never done before and believe, together, we have the means to change education forever.
(This is a biggie) You are looking to surround yourself with the smartest group of people you’ve ever worked with because you know they’ll help you step up your game…and you, theirs.
- Build strong customer relationships by maintaining high levels of engagement, adoption, and communication; conduct routine check-in meetings to ensure value proposition is being met.
- Proactively manage the success of a portfolio of assigned SchoolStatus customers to deliver consistent value across the entire lifecycle.
- Advise customers on best practices for designing, implementing, and scaling their implementation of the SchoolStatus family of products in their school or MAT.
- Resolve customer issues, alone and through collaboration with other team members; approach all situations with curiosity and creativity. Resolving customer issues can involve troubleshooting and require deep technical knowledge on how certain integrations and other aspects of the system operate.
- Prospect within the customer base to develop new business via upsell and cross sell opportunities, for which you are compensated.
- Become an expert on the SchoolStatus family of products and an expert for your customers and other departments; occasionally assist on Sales or Marketing calls/webinars or blog posts as needed.
- Help shape the future of the SchoolStatus platform through product feedback requests and user stories, both internally and customer-driven.
- Drive customer advocacy in the form of references, referrals, and case studies.
- Perform data-driven reviews and analysis on customer portfolio to prioritise opportunity and risk; reliably renew and expand customer contracts, meeting and exceeding personal and team quotas.
- Contribute towards the development of a strong team environment by upholding high work standards.
- Update internal CRM systems to ensure all communication with customers is documented.
- Go the extra mile to ensure our customers are successful!
- Fully remote position located in the UK market.
- Some travel is required to attend in-person customer meetings, trade shows, and company meetings (as needed).
- 2+ years’ experience in Account Management or SaaS Customer Success roles.
- Experience working in the EdTech sector (not required, but a definitive plus).
- Attention to detail through active listening, empathy and an understanding of customer needs.
- Technical knowledge as it pertains to software integrations such as CRM, calendar scheduling, and the like. If you have no direct experience, you must be ready and eager to learn these concepts.
- Experience using the Google Suite of products and other business tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal; consistent diplomacy, tact, and poise when working through customer issues and escalations.
- A proven track record of customer retention and growth through passionate customer service.
- Authorised to work in the UK.
- Able to pass a criminal and personal background check.
Your compensation package would be highly dependent upon your experience and level of skill. However, it’s important to know that SchoolStatus’ total compensation packages are generally at top of market for skill set and geography.
We provide best-in-class insurance and retirement benefits, along with an energetic, collaborative and inclusive workplace.
Paid Vacation & Sick Leave:
We provide a mandatory six weeks of paid vacation/holidays per year and work closely to ensure our employees take the time they need to be happy and find a work/life balance to build their personal life and prevent burnout.