Senior Software Development Manager
Operoo Pty Ltd – Office in Cremorne, VIC (or remote)
AU $150,000+ per year
This exciting new opportunity is with a fast-growing and award-winning start-up. Operoo provides digital forms, payments, medical and communication solutions used by schools around the world. Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, the company has offices in Australia, USA, and the UK. This is a technical management role that requires hands-on coding, designing, reviewing and mentoring.
Working closely with the CTO and Product Managers, this role will see you design new solutions by creating robust, high-quality code, automated testing and deploying into the AWS environment.
Work from home and/or from our funky office in Cremorne, 5 minutes walk from Richmond station.
Skills & experience
You will need to be highly self-motivated and have a strong ability to work autonomously. You will preferably have a minimum of five years’ experience working with:
- Ruby on Rails
- Frameworks such as React
You will have:
- Highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- A passion and understanding for coding with Ruby
- Demonstrated capability to develop high-quality, robust and clean-cut code
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field (or equivalent)
- Option of 100% remote working
- Career progression with a fast-growing company
- Working for a meaningful company that is making a difference across the globe.
Software Development Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish development standards for the team
- Review and approve code produced by the development team
Software Development Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in software engineering or computer science
- Experience building commercial, high traffic, internet-facing web applications
- Management experience
- Strong communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and opinions
- Multiple years experience working in teams, with a preference to working in an Agile environment
- Good knowledge and practice of automated testing and working in a CI environment
- DevOps experience managing deployments(AWS/Docker etc.)
To apply, you must be located in Australia or New Zealand.
Send your cover letter and CV to [email protected].